Happy Holiday Monday Everyone! We hope you’re enjoying this wonderfully sunny long weekend!
Here are a few of the events and happenings coming up this week in Nanaimo:
Monday, August 4th:
- Daniel Wesley at the Dinghy Dock, 8:00pm, the Dinghy Dock Pub
Tuesday, August 5th:
- Summer Concerts in the Park: Nice Verdes, 12:30pm – 1:30pm, Maffeo Sutton Park
- On the Dock with Shane Philip, 7:00pm, the Dinghy Dock Pub
Wednesday, August 6th:
- Bowen Road Farmers’ Market, 4:00pm – 6:30pm,Beban Fairgrounds
- Wine Wednesdays, 6:00pm – 8:00pm, ACMe Café
- Summer Concerts in the Park: John Pippus & Aynsley Leonard, 6:00pm – 7:30pm, Maffeo Sutton Park
- Hiroshima Lantern Ceremony, 9:00pm – 10:00pm, Maffeo Sutton Park
Thursday, August 7th:
- Live at Longwood! Live acoustic music every Thursday night! 8:00pm, Longwood Brew Pub
Friday, August 8th:
- It’s Children’s Day this Friday! Head down to the Nanaimo Downtown Farmers’ Market from 10:00am – 2:00pm on the Pioneer Waterfront Plaza for great music, fun activities, and great local food & goods!
- Friday Evening Market, 4:00pm – 8:00pm, Diana Krall Plaza
Saturday, August 9th:
- Gabriola Island Farmers’ Market, 10:00am – 12:00pm, Gabriola AGI Hall at the Corner of North and South Rd.
- 2014 Symphony by the Sea, 6:00pm – 8:00pm,Maffeo Sutton Park
Sunday, August 10th:
- Cedar Farmers’ Market, 10:00am – 2:00pm, Crow & Gate Pub Field
- Lantzville Farmers Market, 1:30pm – 4:00pm, St. Phillips Church
- Sunday Blues Jam, 4:00pm – 8:00pm, The Queen’s Hotel
Make sure to check back every Monday for more fun events around town! Or head over to our website for up-to-date event listings!
We hope you have an awesome week in Nanaimo!
– Sarah & Sean