Ahhh… Fall. My favourite time of year. The leaves are turning colours, the temperature is beginning to drop, fall farmers markets…! Besides those reasons, I’ve got another reason to get excited for fall: the Nanaimo Harvest Festival!
Held every year in Nanaimo’s Old City Quarter, the Harvest Festival celebrates the bounty of the season. Fresh, local produce, wine and beer tents, all things culinary, kids activities, and fun, live entertainment help usher you into the fall season.
In addition to being a fun event, this year the Nanaimo Harvest Festival will benefit Nanaimo FoodShare. So grab your friends, kids, neighbours (who ever!) and get into the fall spirit with the Nanaimo Harvest Festival!
Here’s what’s happening around town this week:
Wednesday, September 17th:
- Bowen Road Farmers’ Market, 4:00pm – 6:30pm, Beban Fairgrounds
- Wine Wednesdays, 6:30pm – 8:30pm, ACMe Café
- Sailboat Night at the Dinghy Dock Pub, 6:30pm, Dinghy Dock Pub
- Nanaimo Clippers vs. Cowichan Valley, Frank Crane Arena, 7:00pm
Thursday, September 18th:
- Park Market, 5:00pm – 9:30pm,Maffeo Sutton Park
- Nanaimo Buccaneers vs. Campbell River Storm, 7:15 pm, Nanaimo Ice Centre
- Name That Tune!, 7:30pm, Dinghy Dock Pub
- Live at Longwood! Live acoustic music every Thursday night! 8:00pm, Longwood Brew Pub
- Vince Vaccaro at the Queens, 8:00pm, The Queen’s Hotel
Friday, September 19th:
- Nanaimo Downtown Farmers’ Market, 10:00am – 2:00pm, Pioneer Waterfront Plaza
- Friday Evening Market, 4:00pm – 8:00pm, Diana Krall Plaza
Saturday, September 20th:
- Gabriola Island Farmers’ Market, 10:00am – 12:00pm, GabriolaAGI Hall at the Corner of North and South Rd.
- Nanaimo Harvest Festival 2014, 11:00am – 6:00pm, Old City Quarter
- Burlycon or Bust Burlesque Show, 8:00pm, The Cambie
Sunday, September 21st:
- Cedar Farmers’ Market, 10:00am – 2:00pm, Crow & Gate Pub Field
- Lantzville Farmers Market, 1:30pm – 4:00pm, St. Phillips Church
- Nanaimo Clippers vs. West Kelowna, 2:30pm, Frank Crane Arena
- Sunday Blues Jam, 4:00pm – 8:00pm, The Queen’s Hotel
Make sure to check back every Monday for more fun events around town! Or head over to our website for up-to-date event listings.