Hello Blog Readers!
Sooo…we need your help. Can you guess by the title?
Yep. We want YOU to blog for US!
We know that there is no greater source of information on everything NANAIMO than you, our locals. So we’re asking you to help us share with the world what makes our Harbour City so awesome!
We’re looking for your favorite #ExploreNanaimo everything – hidden spots, the best festivals/events, favourite beaches, restaurants, hiking trails, parks, and anything else you can think of. You can send it to us in the form of a quick write up with some pictures, or a short video. Each month, we’ll select some of them, and publish them right here on our ExploreNanaimo Blog. We’ll also spread the word on our Facebook Page and through our Twitter account.
You can email your submissions to email@example.com. Here’s what we’ll need from you:
- First and Last Name
- Email Address (if it’s different than the one you’re sending from)
- City and Province
- Optional: Twitter Handle (and your permission to promote your submission on Twitter)
- How (or if) readers who have questions can contact you directly (email, Twitter, Facebook)
- Your commitment that you will check back with the blog for the 7 day period following your posting to respond to any questions left in the comments section.
- A picture of yourself for the blog
- A short bio – no more than a couple of sentences
- Link to your existing blog (if you have one)
For written/photo submissions:
- 300-500 words of an original story that isn’t published elsewhere
- All relevant links (to specific destinations, attractions and events etc. Please link to TourismNanaimo.com as much as possible. If you don’t have these, we will fill in with the links we find appropriate). If you want a link to your personal or business website, please include up to 3 links in your bio
- 3-5 pictures you want included in your post, complete with captions
- For very large hi-res photo files, please send via Dropbox or Hightail OR via link to your Flickr account
For video submissions:
- 2-3 minutes of video
- A description, or caption
- Please upload your video to YouTube and send us the link
Sidenote: Unfortunately we won’t be able to publish everything we receive, but we will contact you if we pick your blog and will let you know when it will be live on our site. If you don’t want to be acknowledged by name, please let us know.
That’s it – now bring on the blogs!
Yours in Tourism,
The Tourism Nanaimo Team