Since the shopping window is closing in on us, we thought we’d poll some local shopping areas in and around Nanaimo & Region to see what tips and tricks they may have to be successful this season! Thanks to Woodgrove Centre, the Old City Quarter, Nanaimo North Town Centre, Country Club Centre & the DNBIA for helping us with this short blog!
- Extended shopping hours now in effect until Dec. 23: open Monday- Saturday from 9:30am-9:00pm and Sunday from 9:30am-6:00pm
- Have your gift cards beautifully wrapped for a suggested donation. Gift wrap booth located near A Step Ahead Footwear
- Woodgrove Centre gift cards go the distance! Now redeemable at Mayfair Shopping Centre
- Shopping in the Old City Quarter this Christmas? Help us Light Up a Life for your chance to WIN! Drop off a donation for the Haven House at one of our three collection points and you will be automatically entered into a draw to win a gift basket full of goodies from our local merchants and restaurants! Drop off locations include: Sartorial, The Teak Tree and Lobelia’s Lair. Donation items requested include:
- New socks & underwear for women and children
- New pajamas
- Regular size bottles of shampoo/conditioner
- New toiletries, cosmetics, hair brushes and beauty products
- Non-perishable food items
- Hop off the Christmas Trolley to enjoy some live festive Christmas music every Saturday from 12-2 during the holiday season at Fitzgate.
- On Saturday, December 12th come and watch Aaron Grant sculpt blocks of ice into pieces of art! He will be working throughout the day, so come down and watch him work and then view his final masterpiece!
- Free parking evenings and weekends in the Old City Quarter!
- Gift Wrap by donation until December 24: Mon-Fri- 10am-7pm, Sat & Sun- 11am-5pm, Dec 24- 10am-5pm
- Santa Photos: Sat & Sun: 11am-1pm & 2-5pm. Monday – Friday 11am-2pm & 3-7pm. Pet Photos with Santa until December 23! Wed & Thurs 4-7pm
- Christmas with the Vancouver Island Symphony: Saturday December 12 @ 11am. Enjoy the sounds of the season while enjoying hot chocolate and cookies! Santa will be available for photos too!
- Late Night Shopping: Monday – Friday 10am-9pm, Saturday 10am-6pm, Sunday 1am-5pm & Christmas Eve 10am-5pm. Boxing Day 8am-6pm.
- Festival of Trees: Come and see the beautiful forest of trees sponsored by local businesses and individuals. Vote for your favourite tree and make a donation to BC Children’s Hospital Foundation.
Enjoy the ease of Christmas shopping at Country Club Centre, with over 50 stores and services, including Save On Foods, Best Buy, Atmosphere, La-Z-Boy, Shoppers Drug Mart and JYSK.
- Give the gift of choice this Christmas & purchase a Country Club gift card (Available at the info/lotto booth).
- If the kids get fussy while shopping stop & visit Santa or have them play at one of the kids play areas.
- Do you find yourself not having enough time to wrap all those Christmas gifts? No problem! Beginning on Dec. 15 get all your gifts wrapped by donation to charity at our gift wrapping station (Located at Centre Court).
- Visit dnbia.ca/parking for all the free evening and weekend parking locations and to check out the low rates during the day. Visiting shops at the Vancouver Island Conference Centre? Stay warm and dry and park for free for two hours in spots #80 to 91
- Everything old is new again downtown try Very Vintage, China Steps Emporium, the Space Age Bachelor Pad or Romantic Ruins for antiques to the unique.
- Give the gift of time – purchase gift certificates to restaurants, bakeries, catering companies, spas, automobile servicing companies, photographers – the list is endless!
- It’s the Arts & Culture District – from art supplies to art suppliers – framing to fine art – dance and theatre company tickets – vocal and acting lessons – give the gift of a dream to someone you love this year.
- For fun family time visit Santa’s Workshop, ride the Downtown Christmas Trolley, watch an ice sculpture at work or watch for strolling carolers. Downtown load your “Holi-date” activity guide today.
Happy Holidays and Happy Shopping!